FreeBSD on s3c2410

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Sat Sep 26 23:04:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 14:50:25 +0400
Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:07:54 +1200
> Andrew Turner <andrew at fubar.geek.nz> mentioned:
>
> > I've been working on porting FreeBSD to the s3c24x0 family of ARM
> > CPU's from Samsung. I've got FreeBSD running to multi-user mode
> > running on an s3c2410 cpu. The board I've been using is the
> > LN2410SBC from [1].
> >
> > The required files are in a tarball at [2]. You will need to
> > extract it over a recent svn checkout and build the LN2410SBC ARN
> > kernel. It expects to find a filesystem at da0s1.
> >

> Hello, Andrew!
>
> Thank you for working on this!  I'll try your patches on my S3C2410
> OpenMoko phone.
The kernel should work with the Neo 1973 with the neo specific
files from Perforce [1]. I've not managed to get the kernel to boot on
Mine (only the Neo Freerunner which is s3c2442 based). The only way to
get a filesystem on the OpenMoko will be to embed it within the kernel
as a MFS image.

> BTW, do you think it makes sense to commit this work into HEAD
> already? It looks like it is in a very good shape now.
There are no major issues I'm aware of that would hold it back from
HEAD.

>  What are the
> outstanding issues you're working on, if any?
I'm mostly working on drivers now and tracking down a bug with USB on
s3c2440 (not on s3c2410 though) stopping it from booting.

Andrew

[1] //depot/projects/arm/src/sys/arm/s3c2xx0/*neo*