Adding support for the Intel SS4000-E NAS aka the EM-7210

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 25 13:34:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:02:32 +0000
Tom Judge <tom at tomjudge.com> mentioned:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add support for the Intel SS4000-E/EM7210 to FreeBSD, I
> have copied all of the files for the EP80219 as this seems to be what
> the board is based on, and modified the interrupt assignment code.  See
> the patch agains sys/arm here: http://www.tomjudge.com/tmp/em-7210-patch

Hi, Tom!

It's great to hear you're working on this project!  It's hard to say what's
wrong with your setup, but here're some things I noteced.

First, KERNVIRTADDR appears to be incorrect in your setup as you're trying to map
the kernel very low (0x01008000).  In this case very low amount of virtual
address space will be left for user-level applications.  Try to map it to
some address above 0xc0000000, e.g. to 0xc1008000.

I also do not quite understand why you're using address 0xa0100000 for the
first helper page mapping?  What is the layout of memory on your board?
Is anything useable is mapped here?

Good luck!

--
Stanislav Sedov