Help with Marvel kernel for 88F6281

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Sat May 2 15:30:50 UTC 2009

On 2009-05-02, at 01:32, Donald T Hayford wrote:

> Rafal Jaworowski wrote:

>>> I apologize for the bad pasting job - I'll try again.  Hopefully
>>> this one is easier to read.
>>>
>>> Marvell>> map CPU Interface
>>> -------------
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I don't see any mismatches WRT internal SOC registers location etc.
>> and need to look a bit closer to the SheevaPlug docs.
>>
>> Just a basic clarification: you are 100% sure the correct
>> DB-88F6XXX kernel image is used, right?
>>
>> Rafal
>>
> I'm as sure as I can be.
>
> [verify the directory on the FreeBSD machine is the 6XXX directory]

OK, thanks for verfiication.

> Marvell>> go 0x900000
> ## Starting application at 0x00900000 ...
> [sheevaplug hangs up]
>
> Note that the file size that was loaded by UBoot was 2863204 bytes
> long, the same as the length of the file in the directory listing
> above.  The 5XXX kernel is slightly longer at 2870196 bytes.

Please do a quick experiment: eliminate (#if 0) contents of the
platform_mpp_init() in sys/arm/mv/kirkwood/db88f6xxx.c and recompile/
rerun. The SP device could have MPP/GPIO layed out differently (note
you're using DB-88F6281 dev board configuration): we could be
overwriting UART lines connection settings and hence lose console
output.

Rafal