FreeBSD for the Neo1973 snapshot

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Aug 29 09:18:14 UTC 2008

Hello,

In June of this year there was thread in freebsd-arm about the Neo1973;
it is the only useful thread showing up in Don Google if you search for
the words 'openmoko freebsd' :-(

I'm planing to buy a new cellphone and want to go with the new OpenMoko
Freerunner. I'm an experienced FreeBSD user and kernel hacker, for
example I've installed FreeBSD on the netbook eeePC 900, see
http://www.unixarea.de/installEeePC.txt (I only say this to make clear
that I know about what adventure I'm talking picking up the OpenMoko :-)
)

The OpenMoko comes with an USB device on board and if you connect this
to a Linux you can bring up /dev/usb0, ifconfig it and can SSH into the
OpenMoko; has some done this as well using FreeBSD to connect to the
OpenMoko. This is what I 1st would need, because all my laptops are
running FreeBSD, I have no Linux installed at home...

Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz