current to 6-stable merge plans/policy

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Thu Mar 22 09:26:12 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

What are the ideas (policy) about merging the arm/ixp425/avila stuff
to 6-stable? I see some arm stuff gets merged, but it does not look
like everything? Is it just that people merge what they need?

Just trying to get a feel for it. Up to now I have used 6-stable on
our soekris and wrap boards, but we are probably going to use the
Avila boards a bit more, so I was wondering if I should use -current
or 6-stable on them. Up to now my Avila and ADI testing was done with
-current, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea for boxes that will
end up in rural areas far far away. Hmm. Not that I have seen a panic
on the Avila boards, but they have gone through a lot less testing up
to now.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at meraka.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org