awk hanging

David Cornejo dave at dogwood.com
Thu Mar 22 00:32:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to build and install some ports on an Avila board -
however with certain  packages (i.e. ruby) it gets to the install
phase and awk goes into a state where it's constantly running and
never comes out (I let it run for four days and then killed it).  I
have reproduced this in both stable and current.  Gdb in current
fails to attach to awk, and gdb seems to be completely missing in
6.2.  Any suggestions on how to debug this?  Would a gdb from ports work?

thanks for any help,
dave c