driver proposal

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Mar 8 14:13:54 UTC 2007

In message: <45F01893.3060605 at bulinfo.net>
            Krassimir Slavchev <krassi at bulinfo.net> writes:
: Hi,
:
:  From the datasheet:
: The PCF8563 is a CMOS real time clock/calendar optimized for low power
: consumption. A programmable clock output, interrupt output and
: voltage-low detector
: are also provided. All address and data are transferred serially via a
: two-line
: bidirectional I2C-bus. Maximum bus speed is 400 kbit/s. The built-in
: word address
: register is incremented automatically after each written or read data byte.
:
: There is the driver:
: http://mnemonic.bulinfo.net/~krassi/pcf8563.c

I'll take a look!  thanks for the contribution...

: The chip uses only 0xa2 as a slave address but on my arm board the TWI
: controller rewrites it to 0x51, so device hints can be used:

Actually, I have code in p4 that fixes this issue.  All the other iic
drivers use 7-1 address notation, while TWI uses 6-0.

: hint.pcf8563.0.at="iicbus0"
: hint.pcf8563.0.addr=0x51
:
: I will be very happy if anyone commit this driver.

I'll do so...

Warner