IIC support?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Mar 5 14:49:37 UTC 2007

In message: <45EC2BF9.2000804 at bulinfo.net>
            Krassimir Slavchev <krassi at bulinfo.net> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <45EC2667.9040004 at bulinfo.net>
: >             Krassimir Slavchev <krassi at bulinfo.net> writes:
: > : Warner Losh wrote:
: > : >> I have problems to access the iic eeprom from userland. Even after set
: > : >> SCAN_IICBUS in iicbus.c nothing has been detected. I have made some
: > : >> tests from the bootloader to read/write from/to the eeprom and they work.
: > : >> Is there any known problems with TWI or any differences between board
: > : >> settings?
: > : >>
: > : >
: > : > The IIC bus is not a self enumerating bus.  Bad things happen when you
: > : > go out and try to 'probe' it, although often you can get away with
: > : > that.  FreeBSD takes a conservative approach.  You need hints for each
: > : > iic device on bus that you have on your board.
: > : >
: > : >
: > : Ok, that was just for testing.
: > :
: > : I am trying to write a driver for pcf8563 (RTC similar to ds1672) but
: > : when I call the iicbus_transfer() function the iicbus_transfer_gen() is
: > : called instead of at91_twi_transfer().
: > : In the kernel config file I have:
: > : ...
: > : device   at91_twi
: > : device   iicbus
: > : ...
: > :
: > : Is this correct or I miss something else?
: >
: > Should be correct.  What version of FreeBSD are you using?
: >
: 7.0-CURRENT, 2 days old

OK.  I'll take a look to see if there are unmerged patches from p4.
I'm nearly positive that I fixed this...

Warner