[REVIEW] Re: Modernizing calendar(1) (was: svn commit: r365984 - head/usr.bin/calendar/calendars)

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Thu Oct 22 17:08:41 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 12:03:33PM +0200, Stefan Esser wrote:
> Am 21.10.20 um 09:15 schrieb Stefan Esser:
> > Am 21.10.20 um 03:23 schrieb Greg 'groggy' Lehey:
> > [...]
> > > That's the whole point.? Where do we draw the line?? Given that these
> > > holidays interest more people outside the project than in, I'd think
> > > that they should all go into the port.? And the whole idea of
> > > alternative 3 is that the maintenance should be automatic and
> > > external, so updating holidays should no longer be our concern.
> >
> > Are we taling about the calendar binary or the calendar files?
> >
> > IMHO, the calendar binary could stay in base but be modified to
> > scan directories in e.g. /usr/local/share/calendar/ and ports
> > could provide these calendar files.
>
> I have created a Phabricator review for the proposed change:
>
> 	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26882
>
> This is just an enabler for calendar files in a directory that
> can be maintained by means of a port.
>
> A suggested port has been made available for review, too:
>
> 	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26883

https://git-01.md.hardenedbsd.org/HardenedBSD/HardenedBSD/commit/4055c7d50ec5389715206ab800fc88d25c55fcaa

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

GPG Key ID:          0xFF2E67A277F8E1FA
GPG Key Fingerprint: D206 BB45 15E0 9C49 0CF9  3633 C85B 0AF8 AB23 0FB2
https://git-01.md.hardenedbsd.org/HardenedBSD/pubkeys/src/branch/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc