Time to retire PC Card (but not CardBus)

Yoshihiro Ota ota at j.email.ne.jp
Wed May 29 05:43:02 UTC 2019

Thanks.

I have one PCMCIA card still in use, Compact Flash Card Adapter.

In addition, I have 3 other cards but haven't used for long time:
Belkin, Network Card
Xircom, Ethernet 10/100
3Com, 56K Global Modem

I recall I bought Belkin CardBus Network Card as well but it didn't work.
I didn't find one this time but it must be sleeping somewhere.

By the way, how hard is it to keep them behind kernel option?
We can turn on some of very old features even today to reactivate legacy code.

Hiro