Retiring pc-sysinstall(8)

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jul 28 15:59:36 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 9:54 AM <krismoore134 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm planning on removing pc-sysinstall(8) from HEAD on or around Aug 11th
> (2
> weeks). We've been using a much more updated version in our ports tree on
> the iX side for a while now, and any recent bug-reports have always been
> against that version. If nobody objects before then I'll consider it safe
> remove and proceed with doing so.
>

> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D21094

While there have been a lot of commits to this tree, there have been only
minor improvements to this in the FreeBSD since 2013 when merges from
PC-BSD stopped. The rest are housekeeping. I think that it's bitrotted
enough to retire. I suspect it doesn't even work anymore. Everybody I know
is using the other installer in the tree anyway.

Warner