FreeBSD and xfsprogs ?

Conrad Meyer cem at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 23 19:51:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof at kernel.org> wrote:
> On the Linux xfs development list there is an RFC to remove IRIX,
> Darwin, and FreeBSD support from xfsprogs, the userspace program used
> to create/interact with XFS filesystems. Just wanted to poke and check
> to ensure that FreeBSD is not interested in XFS, if this is incorrect
> now would be the good time to chime into the list and discussion.
>
> [0] https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20180322202102.wpff347scdmfpv62@odin.usersys.redhat.com

Hi Luis,

FreeBSD 11+ can mount XFS filesystems read and write via a FUSE port
incorporating LKL[0] (sysutils/fusefs-lkl).  I would appreciate
xfsprogs retaining FreeBSD support at least for creating or modifying
offline XFS filesystems, if it isn't too painful for you.

Thanks,
Conrad

[0]: https://github.com/lkl/linux