[HEADS UP] - OFED/RDMA stack update

Navdeep Parhar np at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 20 20:07:39 UTC 2018

On 03/17/2018 13:03, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 03/17/18 20:52, Navdeep Parhar wrote:
>> Hold your horses.  Do you have confirmation from the affected party that
>> the shims are adequate for them?  I have been waiting for that before
>> looking at this branch.
>
> Hi Navdeep,
>
> Mellanox has received an API list from at least one party, and has taken
> the action to support all the required APIs.
>
>> Is the iw_cxgbe breakage a simple merge conflict as previously discussed
>> or do the shims require driver changes?
>
> It is a merge conflict. The code already compiles in 12-current.

I tried backing out r329391 and r329017 in a local copy and then was
able to merge r320418, r323082, and r326169 in that order without any
conflicts.  But iw_cxgbe/cm.c still doesn't compile in the projects
branch because it has some socket code that relies on some of glebius's
changes available only in head (I checked with him and they aren't
MFC'able).  I'm trying to figure out what to do about those.

And what about the cxgb breakage?  Is there any simple way to make an
old style driver work with the new stack?  T3 iw_cxgb in head was
retired before the ofed overhaul.

Regards,
Navdeep