Veriexec

Conrad Meyer cem at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 5 18:06:36 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 10:48 AM, Stephen J. Kiernan <stevek at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 7:09 PM, Conrad Meyer <cem at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's been two weeks since this went in broken.  What's the status?
>> Has any progress been made on fixing the glaring issues?
>
> The backout commits for the veriexecctl bits (r335681) and the hooks
> into the build to compile the kernel modules (r335682) happened on
> 26 Jun 2018.

I'm familiar with these commits, but was asking more about the topic
you glanced on below.  (Additionally, I don't really like the use of
"revert" (as used in the commit message) or "backout" (here) to
describe the kernel changes.  The bad code is still present, but
disabled by default.)

> There's work in progress on fixing the issues with the meta-data store
> and its use.

Ok.  Can you elaborate on that progress?  Is it happening in public?
Is there any kind of (loose) schedule in mind?

Thanks,
Conrad