FreeBSD and xfsprogs ?

Eric Sandeen sandeen at sandeen.net
Tue Apr 3 16:21:31 UTC 2018

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 09:32:01AM +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:
>> We don't support fuse-lkl XFS filesystems on Linux, so I'm not sure
>> that using it on some other platform compels us to maintain a
>> current userspace tool port to those platforms...
>
> IFF we have someone signing up to maintain the FreeBSD port it seems
> like a whortwhile exercise.  But that is a big IFF.
>
> For now I'd say give it a grace period of another release or two to
> see if someone is going to maintain it properly and if not drop it.

Just to keep it on this thread - I'm going to commit this to 4.16:

+#warning "FreeBSD support is deprecated and planned for removal in July 2018"
+#warning "Contact linux-xfs at vger.kernel.org if you'd like to maintain this port"
+#error   "Remove this line if you'd like to continue the build"

for to FreeBSD & the other platforms we're talking about deprecating.

That should get the attention of anyone who cares, I think.  If someone wants
to step up and maintain it, let us know on the list.

Thanks,
-Eric