New reboot flag: -c for 'power cycle'

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups at NTLWorld.COM
Sun Oct 29 07:14:06 UTC 2017

Warner Losh:

>     * There is a new compatibility fastpowercycle/powercycle command,
>     with all of the same options for cruel system administrators.
>
> Hmmm, I like this. I'll have to add it to FreeBSD. I should have
> thought of it in the first place.

(-:

If you want further ideas like this, I've proposed adding a -b flag and
boot_bare variable to the kernel and loader for a while, now.  Old BSD
init can just treat it as identical to -s, but my softwares can
definitely make good use of it.

* http://jdebp.eu./Softwares/nosh/roadmap.html#Ideas

*
https://freebsd.org/news/status/report-2015-07-2015-09.html#The-nosh-Project