deorbiting /usr/lib/libstand.a, moving to sysboot

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 9 15:57:32 UTC 2017

On 9 Oct 2017, at 07:45, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> I'd like to deorbit /usr/lib/stand.a and /usr/include/stand.h. These are
> really parts of the boot loader with an unstable API and shouldn't be
> installed into the system. It's really a private library to the boot loader.

Though I completely agree with this, I am still interested in the
historical reasons for separating out this library for general userland
consumption.  Were there any other parts of world that happened to use
libstand?

-Dimitry