Making C++11 a hard requirement for FreeBSD

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sun Oct 8 19:17:23 UTC 2017

On 2017-Oct-05 16:28:44 -0700, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>I'd like to start a conversation about the viability of making C++11 a hard
>requirement for bootstrapping FreeBSD and setting a specific deadline for
>doing so.

I don't have any specific objection and the suggested timeframe sounds
reasonable to me.

>I'd like to propose we do this 12/31/17. Any architectures that can't meet
>this timeline will be disconnected from universe at that time and deleted
>3/31/18.

Note that FreeBSD is an international project.  Using abbreviated US-format
dates can be ambiguous.  Please either use ISO standard dates (2017-12-31)
or a variant with the abbreviated month name (2017-Dec-31) to reduce the
scope for confusion.

--
Peter Jeremy