small patch for pageout. Comments?

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:04:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 12:39:11PM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Perhaps I misunderstood, I thought your patch was instead of the pageout
> patch.  Is that not the case?

The patch aims to fix the situation where OOM triggers too late.

It might have some effect when pagedaemon cannot cope with the speed of
page allocations, but it would do it in rather rude manner of causing
OOM if some process cannot get a free page for long time because page
daemon does not provide enough free pages and other allocators steal
the limited supply.