RFC: Sendmail deprecation ?

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:07:56 UTC 2017

Just picking a random message from the thread.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> It's bad that sendmail is such a security nightmare too. We should likely

I don't think there is fact that backs this claim (I don't personally
have strong opinion on Sendmail removal though).  Sendmail might well
be a nightmare a decade ago but not anymore.

The last security advisory for sendmail was in 2014 for a CVSS 1.9
issue, and before that the last major issue was in 2010.

Also count me in the "no dma" campaign too: it worked poorly for the
cluster during our dogfood and there were multiple RFC violations the
last time we tried it.  I might be wrong, but I think it also does not
support SSL/TLS properly (e.g. no validation of server certificate,
etc.), by the way, and I don't think it have implemented proper queue
either.

Cheers,