Deprecating / Removing floppy drive support

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Dec 4 01:01:48 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Rodney W. Grimes <
freebsd-rwg at pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

> I think I can net boot my data recovery/forensics system, which
> has floppy and net booted I can run 10/11 or 12 i386 and amd on it.
>
> So basically I should be able to get us some additional data points
> in short order.

True. We should add additional sanity / hacks to isa_dma as well. It may be
that some folks it works for, and some it fails for due to bugs in
contigmalloc that have gone undetected, or at least uncorrected.

I have an older DELL system that I may bring up, if there's enough memory
in it to run -current. It's the least obnoxious of the old hardware that I
have knocking around. But it may be gated by finding working PATA disks
and/or that PATA <-> SD adapter I have somewhere...

Warner