mq on kqueue broken after upgrade to FreeBSD 11

Lewis Donzis lew at perftech.com
Sat Oct 1 21:56:49 UTC 2016

> On Oct 1, 2016, at 3:16 PM, Jilles Tjoelker <jilles at stack.nl> wrote:
> The idea is good, but perhaps call the function mq_getfd_np() to clarify
> it returns a file descriptor.

I have no objection, but for what it’s worth, there could be code out there that uses __mq_oshandle() simply because it’s been around for a while and has been the only way to use poll(), select(), or kevent() with an mqueue ever since an mqd_t changed from an integer to a pointer.

In our case, we have a half-dozen or so source files that reference __mq_oshandle(), but we don’t mind changing them if it’s better in the long run.  I’m merely pointing out that it’s incompatible with previous FreeBSD versions.

Thanks,
lew