getting NUMA into the tree (userland most interesting for me)

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Thu Feb 19 04:10:15 UTC 2015

I would like to help drive getting NUMA into the tree.  Specificly,
getting userland allocations to be done from a specified domain.

I've looked at the projects/numa tree, but it appears that not much was
done to get userland mappings to be NUMA aware.

How are we going to do this?  Do people have code to do this?

I've looked at how Linux does this, at least from a programming
interface.  They use mmap to create the mapping, and then use the call
mbind to tell the kernel where to handle the allocations.  Is this
what people are thinking?

I've checked the wiki status, and the userland section is quite
empty.

Thanks.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579