I'd like to axe some drivers

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 22:40:16 UTC 2014

…

> si(4):    This is a driver for an older ISA/EISA/PCI multiport serial card.
>          It doesn't use bus_space.  It was hacked up to use new tty, but
>          still uses Giant.  I have a partial set of outstanding patches to
>          this to fix it to use bus_space, but when I sent them out for
>          testing on current and stable, no one replied.

Please remove usr.sbin/sicontrol as well if this gets removed:

OLD_FILES+=usr/sbin/sicontrol
OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man8/sicontrol.8.gz

> spic(4):  At one point the Sony VAIO was "the" cool laptop, and this driver
>          controlled the "jogdial" found on it and presented it as a mouse.
>          This is a tiny driver and is less invasive in terms of future
>          maintenance than others perhaps, but my recent calls for testing
>          on current@ and stable@ found no takers.  It's a fairly obscure
>          device and not one that exists on any recently shipped hardware.

Handling of this driver might need to be removed from moused/devd (there’s a reference to moused at the bottom of the manpage, but a cursory grep reveals nothing for “sony" or "spic"… hmm).

Thanks!