svn commit: r274739 - head/sys/mips/conf

Mark R V Murray mark at grondar.org
Tue Nov 25 08:00:02 UTC 2014

> On 24 Nov 2014, at 23:16, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
>
> They're not just massive, they're preposterous, as is the fact that most
> of them are absolutely identical, or just one bit off, from one run to
> the next.  My best guess is that get_cyclecount() is broken.

How two consecutive calls to get_cyclecount() can repeatedly return such massive numbers is an indication that something has gone badly wrong.

On this platform, this is just a wrapper round the internal timekeeping routines; could it be that these are being messed with during startup? Whatever is happening is pretty deterministic.

Mark R V Murray