I'd like to axe some drivers

moto kawasaki moto at kawasaki3.org
Tue Nov 25 02:01:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much developers for giving me such a nice OS
up-to-date.

It sounds reasonable for me to remove old devices from GENERIC.
But may I ask a question?

If removed, how can I use those device drivers ?
Do I need to re-compile kernel ?
Or, can I use one of them with kldload ?
Is it automatically loaded during the boot process, with charm in
/boot/loader.conf ?

I personally runs fxp and dc on my home pc, so I am very curious.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

--
moto kawasaki <moto at kawasaki3.org>