svn commit: r274739 - head/sys/mips/conf

Mark R V Murray mark at grondar.org
Fri Nov 21 19:53:54 UTC 2014

> On 21 Nov 2014, at 19:41, Ian Lepore <ian at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> The arrogance in the way you talk down to me about my right and ability
> to decide these things is mind-boggling.  It's clear you're going to do
> whatever you want, so I guess I'll just shut up.

I’m sorry for offence; that was unintended.

Was *was* intended was to attempt to engage you in dialogue. You are
obviously annoyed, but after rather a lot of discussion (2 devsummits,
1 EuroBSDCon and a lot of email), some form of consensus was required.
Unfortunately you are not one of those who could not be accommodated to
the extent that you desired. We obviously couldn’t make everyone happy.
Some aspects of the compromise were things *I* really didn’t like.

I think there are ways round your problem, and I’ll be happy to help you
get there. Please don’t just hold out for one particular solution; be
flexible.

Mark R V Murray