I'd like to axe some drivers

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Nov 21 00:20:17 UTC 2014

> I found an ISA ie(4) NIC on Ebay. Who has a box with ISA ports? :)

Me. I have about 30 pcs here (& boxes of eg ether isdn etc cards),
mostly with older releases, some back to 4.11.

Only my main laptop currently has current (also has an MBR with
10.0, 9.3 8.4.)

My TV laptop 8.1 or 8.2 uses vr interface built in, not a card.
Would be a shame to see that go.

I think I have a [pcmcia ?] card uses ie.

I have or had a couple of mcd cdroms but yes they are truly Slow.
I think I managed to throw them away.

Some other proposed deletions sound familiar, But it's 1AM & i have
a ship to book, & 1000 km to drive in next 2 days so no time, sorry.

If people want to know whats not being used, I guess near all on
current & arch will have modern, so ask on hackers@ or more likely
questions@ or the forums.

There's loads of FreeBSD users runnng latest releases, who are not
on any list (well maybe announce@) so when drivers go, it comes as
a shock, so removals should be widely aired in advance in Releases
notices, where possible please.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Indent previous with "> ".  Interleave reply paragraphs like a play script.