mips misbehaving, not respecting make.conf

Sean Bruno sbruno at ignoranthack.me
Thu Nov 20 19:32:36 UTC 2014

> This is one of the many reasons I expected you to copy these
> binaries over the native ones rather than have them in a side tree.
>
> Warner

Been trying to resolve the linking issues when copying the native-xtools
tool chain target binaries into my chroots.  I don't think binutils is
getting setup correctly to handle the final linking as I see a lot of
crt1.o errors, bison being the most obvious here.

https://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/bison_config_log.txt

It looks like the linking stage is trying to assemble amd64 here?

configure:8450: checking lex library
configure:8464: cc -std=gnu99 -o conftest -pipe -G0  -g -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_THREAD_SAFE  -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c   >&5
/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `__start':
crt1.c:(.text+0x190): undefined reference to `main'
crt1.c:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `main'
configure:8464: $? = 1
configure: failed program w

sean