mips misbehaving, not respecting make.conf

Sean Bruno sbruno at ignoranthack.me
Mon Nov 17 17:25:47 UTC 2014

> >> If you are building ports, chances are those settings won’t do what you think they will. Do you have build logs I could look at?
> >>
> >> Warner
> >

> > More verbose output, not super useful.  Except that the configure output
> > shows that /nxb-bin/usr/bin/cc wants to use /usr/bin/ld ... I think this
> > means we're not setting up the build flags for gcc correctly?
> >
> > http://crack.ysv.freebsd.org/data/11-mips-test-default/2014-11-17_02h37m39s/logs/speex-1.2.r1_7,1.log
>
> Perhaps. But when I wrote those targets, I assumed they’d replace the target-native binaries with host-native binaries, now that I think about it, rather than live in a side directory. You’d need to make CC be something more like CC=$PATH/usr/bin/cc -B$PATH/lib/exec or some such.
>
> Is there a good reason to not replace the binaries? I noticed you keeping them separate, but wasn’t sure if that was just a “well, that’s what the target does” thing or a “I had to do it because X” thing.
>
> Warner

Currently, there is no reason I don't just replace the ld/as/cc and
friends in the jail with the ones from the target.  I was only keeping
them seperate out of a desire to make the jail "feel" cleaner.  I've
already violated this by hardlinking a bunch of files in the jail with
my latest updates to poudriere.  Frankly, there's just no way to corral
all of the various scripts and tools in all of our ports tree to play
nice without burning ports to the ground and doing a rearchitecture
pass.

sean