mips misbehaving, not respecting make.conf

Sean Bruno sbruno at ignoranthack.me
Mon Nov 17 00:10:58 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-11-16 at 16:55 -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Sean Bruno <sbruno at ignoranthack.me> wrote:
>
> > I have set make.conf to use AS=/nxb-bin/usr/bin/as and
> > CC=/nxb-bin/usr/bin/cc
> >
> > Yet, while monitoring, I still see the ports build process
> > using /usr/bin/as and /usr/bin/ld and /usr/libexec/cc1
> >
> > I don't see this on armv6 when building in a jail + qemu.
> >
> > I'm trying to understand what is missing from our gcc toolchain here
> > that is causing the builds to ignore my directives.
>
> Let’s start with the first question: How are you seeing this?
>
> Warner

Setup a qemu-user enabled jail for mips based on head.  Start poudriere
building audio/speex (nice, short depend chain).

While all this is running, I have a "ps auwxxx|grep qemu" running that
catches some of the invocations of qemu that are happening.  When
running a mips jail I see the tool chain being invoked, partially,
from /usr/bin instead of /nxb-bin/usr/bin.

http://dpaste.com/12SD5TE

This is just a primitive profile attempt on my part.  This shows that
qemu is being invoked *a lot* to get cc1 and as running via emulation.

sean