gdb in CURRENT cannot debug userland cores, when is kernel lldb coming?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 11 19:56:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Dimitry Andric <dim at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2014, at 20:53, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>
>> Recently when trying to debug some coredumps in CURRENT from
>> a userland process in the devel/libvirt port, I found that the gdb in
>> base could not get a backtrace from the core file:
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2014-June/002606.html
>
> Can you please post the output of the following?
>
> objdump -W /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd | head
>
> -Dimitry

$ objdump -W /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd | head

/usr/local/sbin/libvirtd:     file format elf64-x86-64-freebsd

The section .debug_aranges contains:

  Length:                   92
  Version:                  2
  Offset into .debug_info:  0