can the scheduler decide to schedule an interrupted but runnable thread on another CPU core? What are the implications for code?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 14 09:22:35 UTC 2014

Ok, so now I remember the other odd thing.

I was seeing the sending context(s) jumping from one CPU to another
during flowtable_insert_common(), around the locking bits.

But I thread pinned all the sender user threads!

So, why would the senders still be scheduled on other CPUs if I've
pinned the userland threads?

(and yes, I verified that the userland threads weren't moving around.)

-a