Compiler toolchain roadmap

Jonathan Anderson jonathan.robert.anderson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 21:16:52 UTC 2014

On 9 Apr 2014, at 20:46, Pedro Giffuni <pfg at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> FWIW;
>
> I have been looking at what in the ports tree could make some use of libdispatch. So far the only candidates seem to be Apache's httpd MPM and maybe cups and Webkit.

If we had libdispatch in the base system, it would be fantastic to implement a '-j auto' switch for make. As-is, the -j flag is a bit of a hack: there is no static "correct" number of jobs to run in parallel, there is only "would I benefit from running some more work alongside the current mix".

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson

jonathan at FreeBSD.org