amd64: -O2 even with DEBUG

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 26 20:41:57 UTC 2013

On Jul 26, 2013, at 09:14, Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:
> I wonder why amd64 is distinguished to have -O2 in COPTFLAGS even when DEBUG is
> defined.  For all other archs it's -O for that case.
>
> Perhaps, this was discussed / explained in the past, but I would appreciate it
> being said again (or even written as a comment in kern.pre.mk).

Yes please, I already suggested this some time ago, here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-December/030631.html

though the first part of the patch I posted (making sure
-frename-registers is only used for gcc) is already implemented.  The
only other part was to make amd64 use ${_MINUS_O} just like the other
arches.

-Dimitry