Large Capsicum patch for review.

Christoph Mallon christoph.mallon at gmx.de
Sun Feb 24 06:06:00 UTC 2013

Hi.

On 23.02.2013 23:11, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:02:22AM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>> I'd like to commit this patch:
>>
>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/capkern.diff
>
> The patch was updated after the following changes and is available at
> the link above:

I was not able to apply this patch cleanly and had to fudge with the diff:
- Two diff headers (contrib/openbsm/etc/audit_event and lib/libc/gen/Makefile.inc) have an extra space after --- and +++, which is recognized as part of the filename.
  Was this patch manually altered?
- Two diffs (lib/libc/sys/cap_new.2 and sys/kern/uipc_mqueue.c) contain unexpanded $FreeBSD$ tags.
I also had to guess, that the patch is to be applied onto r247201.
I placed a cleaned up patch at http://tron.homeunix.org/zeug/FreeBSD/capsicum/0001-Capsicum-update.patch.

This is a really big patch bomb changing lots of unrelated things.
Do you have smaller, more managable diffs for easier review?

I started reading the patch and found some minor glitches, e.g. mode in cap_sandboxed() should be u_int, not int.
I will report more later.

	Christoph