Removing CVS from HEAD

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Sun Sep 9 23:55:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:30:39 +0000 (UTC)
"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Sep 2012, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>
> > We had cvs in base because we used it.  We no longer do.
>
> We still do until about 2015 when FreeBSD 8 is expected to end
> (depending on 8.4 to happen and when).

this is a figure which sounds much more reasonable.

I would suggest to keep it in the system and announce its end when
older system like 8.x or 9.x are at the end of their life time.

The users of the old system would then still be able to upgrade their
system in any case but know then that this is the last time that it
works. They have then the time to change their scripts until they will
move to the next version which might will lack the support.

> The fact that you(pl) do not do is different.

There is also a big difference between the developers and the users out
there.

This would not be the only point where users are simply ignored.

Erich