aio in GENERIC?

Matthew Jacob mj at feral.com
Mon Jul 23 13:36:44 UTC 2012

Thanks for all of the responses to my simplistic query. I really wanted
to know what others thought about this. Way back in the day when I was
splitting my programming time between Unix, RT-11 and RSX-11, I was much
frustrated with Unix not having asynchronous I/O at the application
level. Then when Unix acquired it, it was buggy forever. Then we got
multithreaded applications, to a first approximation that seemed good
enough. The scalability issue makes sense.