[patch] allow crash dumps to Linux swap partitions

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 14 08:46:25 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 16:17, Don Lewis wrote:
> Looks like this is safe to do.  There is some code in swaponsomething()
> to avoid the first two page-size blocks of the swap file to avoid
> overwriting the BSD label if the swap partition starts at sector zero of
> a BSD partition.

Confirmed. I switched my BSD swap partitions to the same one my linux
install is using, and I've booted back and forth several times now.

Doug

--

	You can observe a lot just by watching.	-- Yogi Berra