[patch] allow crash dumps to Linux swap partitions

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 9 09:16:47 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 01:11, Don Lewis wrote:
> On  9 Jan, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> .. doesn't linux swap have some metadata somewhere?
>
> Darned if I know, but it doesn't seem to care about FreeBSD swap data
> overwriting its swap partition.

Have you had to do anything special for linux boot? I multi-boot myself
and would love to be able to save space on my laptop by only having one
universal swap partition. I started to look at doing this but found
various docs that said don't unless you are able to recreate the
metadata that Adrian referenced above.

Doug

--

	You can observe a lot just by watching.	-- Yogi Berra