Reasons against adding KDTRACE_HOOKS to GENERIC?

Wed Mar 9 09:08:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

are there reasons which prevent the addition of KDTRACE_HOOKS (and
makeoptions WITH_CTF=yes) to GENERIC?

AFAIR the KDTRACE_HOOKS part was specially (re)written to not include
CDDL code into the kernel and allow to load all the CDDL parts as a
module.

I also assume that the data the ctf tools add to the object files
falls not within the license of the tool themself.

In case we get the critical mass in favour of this, which
architectures (besides amd64 and i386) are supported?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Where is John Carson now that we need him?
		-- RLG