RFC further mii(4) changes

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri Apr 22 10:07:16 UTC 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 8:33 PM, Marius Strobl wrote:

Hi,

I fear the change is too big for me to review currently.

One thing I am still pondering is whether we would be able to reserve enough spares (wherever needed) to be able to eventually allow to query-through and gather a lot more information than we currently expose via ifconfig.  It would be really great to be able to ask for all the bits.  Not sure how linux for example handles that for mii-tool/ethtool or how those things work, but .. well you get it.

I should not forget to mention that I think what you are trying to do in harmonizing things currently is excellent progress!

Bjoern

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.