amd64: change VM_KMEM_SIZE_SCALE to 1?

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 17 15:23:47 UTC 2010

On Friday, September 17, 2010 3:27:52 am Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 30/07/2010 23:14 John Baldwin said the following:
> > I think this is much better.  My strawman was rather hackish in that it was
> > layering a hack on top of the existing calculations.  I prefer your approach.
> > I do not think penalizing amd64 machines with less than 1.5GB is a big worry
> > as most x86 machines with a small amount of memory are probably running as
> > i386 anyway.  Given that, I would probably lean towards 1/8 instead of 1/7,
> > but I would be happy with either one.
>
> Alan, John,
>
> are you planning to commit the vnodes limit patch or a version of it?

I thought Alan had committed it already?

Author: alc
Date: Mon Aug  2 21:33:36 2010
New Revision: 210782

Log:
  Update the "desiredvnodes" calculation.  In particular, make the part of
  the calculation that is based on the kernel's heap size more conservative.
  Hopefully, this will eliminate the need for MAXVNODES_MAX, but for the
  time being set MAXVNODES_MAX to a large value.

  Reviewed by:  jhb@
  MFC after:    6 weeks

Looks like its MFC timer has likely triggered even.

--
John Baldwin