Change to config(8) for OFED

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Jun 12 18:49:33 UTC 2010

"M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
> but NORMAL_C is
>
> NORMAL_C= ${CC} -c ${CFLAGS} ${WERROR} ${PROF} ${.IMPSRC}
>
> and .IMPSRC is null.  That seems like a bug to me, but I'm not sure if
> the bug is that .IMPSRC is computed wrong, or if it really should be
> ${.ALLSRC}

.IMPSRC is the *implicit* source and is only valid in *implicit* rules.
Consider the following:

.SUFFIXES: .foo .bar
.foo.bar: foo2bar.sh
        /bin/sh foo2bar.sh ${.IMPSRC} ${.TARGET}

When building hello.bar from hello.foo, .IMPSRC is "hello.foo" but .ALLSRC
is "hello.foo foo2bar.sh".

GNU make has a way of defining more complex implicit rules (pattern
rules).  If we had something similar, we could do:

foo_%.o: %.c
        ${NORMAL_C}

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no