the more build knobs bikeshed

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 16 16:06:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <48CF1979.90507 at errno.com>, Sam Leffler writes:
>> Here is a patch against HEAD to add several knew MK_* knobs that can be
>> used to trim the build for small-footprint applications:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/~sam/build.patch
>
> Looks good.

Yes, I agree.  I'd love to see these and other similar patches
that can be useful with nanobsd hit the tree and MFC'd.

It'd be nice to eventually have something with a tree-like
dependency chain, so you could remove the leaves or branches.
Adding a leaf would also automatically add any missing
branches (warning or informing you what it added).  If
that sounds too vxWorks'ish, sorry ;-)

--
DE