Integration of ProPolice in FreeBSD

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Fri May 2 07:04:06 UTC 2008

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply, I was abroad.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 06:24:16PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 03:27:49PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> > As you may already know I've integrated GCC's ProPolice into
> > FreeBSD.  The build infrastructure overlord, namely ru@, (I'm
> > quoting kan@) has reviewed the patch and technically it is ready to
> > hit the CVS tree.
>
> Please post the patch in this thread - your webserver has been very
> difficult to contact.

Indeed, sorry for the disturbance.  I've attached the patch.  This is
what you should hit the tree, except there will be a few additional bits
to prevent self foot-shooting when people will turn -fstack-protector
into -fstack-protector-all in share/mk/bsd.sys.mk.  I'm currently
working on it.

Thanks.
Best regards,
--