AsiaBSDCon DEVSUMMIT patch

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Thu Mar 27 02:04:15 PDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We've been talking about the situation with suspend/resume in the
> tree.  Here's a quick hack to allow one to suspend/resume an
> individual device.  This may or may not work too well, but it is
> offered up for testing and criticism.
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/devctl.diff
>
> devctl -s ath 0		suspend ath0
> devctl -r ath 0		resume ath0

Hey Warner,

This is a great idea.  Would it be possible to provide a little more
background about what the expected failure/success modes are?  If we had
some easy to follow steps we could ask for testers on current@ and create
a wiki with a list of known working/broken hardware.  That'd be a great
step towards having widespread suspend/resume support.

Thanks,
Jeff