Curious about SCM choice

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Jun 27 15:46:53 UTC 2008

Milo Hyson <milo at cyberlifelabs.com> writes:
> Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > 1. It's better to start collecting meta-data (change sets, merge
> > info, etc.) sooner than later.
> May I assume by "collecting" you mean gathering together in a location
> controlled by the FreeBSD team and made available to others?

Subversion stores more information about each commit than CVS does,
especially when it comes to moving, copying, branching and merging
files.  This information is called metadata.  By switching to
Subversion, we start storing (rather than discarding) this information,
which will make it easier to switch to another system later.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no