Need a code review

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Aug 23 06:59:08 UTC 2008

In message: <20080822213505.1993beda at kan.dnsalias.net>
            Alexander Kabaev <kabaev at gmail.com> writes:
: On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:13:03 -0600 (MDT)
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
:
: > Greetings,
: >
: > The FreeBSD/mips efforts are getting close.  We're down to 4 patches
: > against the main tree, divided up among different programs: cc,
: > binutils, libpam and the CDDL stuff for zfs.
: >
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/binutils.diff
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/cc.diff
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/cddl.diff
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/libpam.diff
: >
: > If you have an interest in any of these area, or would like to provide
: > feedback on the patches, now would be a good time to do so. :-)
: >
: > We'd like to commit these patches to the tree by the end of next week,
: > if at all possible.  If you are a maintainer of this software, we'd
: > especially like to get feedback from you on these patches.  If we
: > don't hear back from you, we'll assume that you are fine with them :-)
: >
: > Warner
:
: cc.diff part is OK, except that files we copy from vendor intact should
: be marked as such. Ideally, by putting their pristine versions
: in /vendor and branching into head/src/contrib/gcc.

Good idea.  Now, if only I can figure out how to do that...

: Some comments in new FreeBSD files still claim they are for NetBSD/mips.

We can fix that :-)  Good catch.

: +#ifdef HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP
: +#undef HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP
: +#endif
:  #define HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP 1
:
: Can this be rewritten as
: #ifndef HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP
: #define HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP 1
: #endif

No.  The whole reason those changes were introduced was to quiet
warnings that HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP was redefined...  We can
omit them if they will cause problems.  I wasn't real concerned about
the warnings, but Randal Stewart fixed them since they bugged him.
Maybe there's a better way?  Any suggestions?

Warner