HEADS DOWN: MPSAFE TTY layer integrated

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Aug 20 22:10:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:16:51 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the MPSAFE TTY layer has just been
> integrated to our source tree. Below is the commit message:

Thank you! :-)

>>   Log:
>>   SVN rev 181905 on 2008-08-20 08:31:58Z by ed
>>
>>   Integrate the new MPSAFE TTY layer to the FreeBSD operating system.
>>   [...]
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> Some people asked me if I could tag the tree before importing the
> MPSAFE TTY bits, to make sure people can easily stick to older source
> revisions when they want to do comparisons with the old TTY
> implementation, which may be useful when porting drivers, isolating
> bugs, etc.
>
> After discussing with people on IRC, I've decided not to create the
> tag.  If you want to switch to pre-MPSAFE TTY, please check out
> revision r181904.

Fair enough.  If the need arises, it's easy to lay down a tag after the
fact, by copying:

    svn copy svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/head@181904 \
      svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/tags/pre-mpsafetty

But since the initial commit was pushed to svn in one changeset, the
need for that is a bit small I guess.  Doing it later should also be
ok too.